Makanja is one of the founding members and he heads the Dispute Resolution and Litigation Department at LUNOLaw Chambers. He specializes in dispute resolution.His expertise ranges from legal writing, legal research and litigation in, corporate law, tax law, labour law, social security law, contract law, sale of goods, real property law, insurance law, intellectual property law, construction law, and court procedures. He is also a registered arbitrator with the Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators.
Before founding LUNOLaw Chambers, Makanja had worked as a litigation attorney with several laws firms where he represented clients in different legal forums in Tanzania. Mr. Makanja also has experience in handling complex corporate matters such as corporate formation and establishment, company secretarial service, merger and acquisition, tax advisory, contract review and drafting and regulatory compliance.
- * Master of Laws (LL.M) - University of Dar es Salaam, (Tanzania, 2016)
- * Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (PGDLP) - Law School of Tanzania (Tanzania, 2011)
- * Bachelor of Laws (LL.B-Hons) - University of Dar es Salaam (Tanzania 2008)
- * Tanzania institute of Arbitrators, Practical Training on Mediation and Arbitration Procedures (June, 2013).
- * Tanzania Public Services College, (TPSC) Training on Customer care Services, (Nov/2011)
- * Worldwide Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), General Course on Intellectual Property, (August 3- September 2007).
- * Tel: 255(22) 266 4207
- * Cel: +255 782210181
- * Email: email@example.com
- * Member, East Africa Law Society, Dec 2012 - present
- * Member, Tanganyika Law Society, Dec 2012 - present
- * Member, Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators 2014